Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Exhaustion Happens ..

UGH... Here it is almost 12:am and I can't sleep ~ my sons #'s are rollor coastering & new insulin amounts leave me hopeful & worried... Looks like another frustrating night ~ blood check scheduled for 1:30am and I need to stay awake! Dinner was nice AT LAST 143 BUT 2 hours later.. 58 EEK! Grab the apple juice ~ we introduced a new homemade cookie? ~perhaps the carb.counting for tonight was off. Yet not too long ago we saw up to 500 .. WHAT THE HELL !! I don't have much faith in this system lately... Perhaps a pump will help ?? Going to call the diabetes nurse tomorrow & get rationale... I've been down this road before ~ having sick kids & trusting staff+Rx's etc.. LETS FACE IT "it bites"... I was feeling a bit OK a bedtime w/a blood sugar of 133 before snack TIL my son nervously asks me to check on him in the middle of the night ~ its as if he knows a demon lurks... So I wait , stay busy, figure I'll mess around on the computer a lil' bit and feed my fears with knowledge. Remember now we've been told since the time we are young that "knowledge is empowering" HA! and later that "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing" which does lead me to a point !! The Internet is full of info. (SO TO SPEAK) really scary stats. are out there.. groan... and 1:30 can't come quick enough. I asked the nurse on my last visit "my scary question" could he die in his sleep? She looked concerned... yes ~ he could BUT it is very unlikely that he would not wake up from feeling sick should he start dropping for some unknown reason ... SO am I to depend on the feelings of a tiny little guy whom lies exhausted from a big day each night? I would rather him let ME worry over such things at least for a couple more years while he SLEEPS for goodness sakes! He was properly snacked up given his slowN insulin . I don't feel this is enough ! Actually I'm really outraged ~ these kids (babies OMG I would have a heart attack) should have an ALERT like an alarm clock or stop watch that goes off that says hey wake up HIGH blood sugar OR LOW blood sugar..... Where is this device ? or have I been misinformed/confused by the MULTITUDE of poss.dangers ??????? Feel free to comment or enlighten... I'm sure I'll be in a better way tomorrow ;) But, I'll NEVER like this...........................................................................................

5 comments:

Dawn said...

He got up to use the bathroom ~ so, why wake him again ? Yup, "Bathroom" you guessed it High Blood Sugar ~ ugh! I'm confused? maybe it'll be normal in morning? 328...

Dawn said...

woke up in 300's too ?? ugh!

Vivian said...

There is a watch called the Glucowatch that does such a thing. You can find it here http://www.glucowatch.com/us/default.html
The problem is, it is not very affective. I have heard people who have used it say it has major problems and is not very accurate. But you might check into it maybe they have upgraded.

As for those numbers, it is crazy, over a hundred different things affect blood sugars and we do not have any control over most of them. We just do the best we can do for our boys and move forward. I hope it helps to know that someone else hates this disease just like you. =)

Dawn said...

It REALLY does ~ thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I mostly visits this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]somewherebetweenhereandthere.blogspot.com is filled with quality info. Do you pay attention towards your health?. Here is a fact for you. Recent Research points that closely 70% of all USA adults are either fat or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] So if you're one of these citizens, you're not alone. In fact, most of us need to lose a few pounds once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is really not as tough as you think. Some improvement in of daily activity can help us in losing weight quickly.

About me: I am writer of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health trainer who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under painful training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for fast weight loss.